Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pipe-weed!


Now I know where to start!

I have recently heard (well... actually, overheard, but nevermind...) that a load of pipe-weed will be exported to the amazing kingdom of Darokin. Yes, Darokin! Beautiful, mighty, rich Darokin! Well, at least that is what I've heard about it.

So with all that excitement, I was about to start my adventuring career in a bold - yet sloppy, maybe even stupid - way.

That's when I got a letter with an emerald earring inside. Right? The whole thing made of emerald? And in the shape of a flame? How cool is that? Well... it might be merely blue-green tourmaline, though.


I wish I knew more about gems... adding that to the things I need to improve on. I have a feeling from now on I'll be seeing lots of gems, me being an adventurer and all... so it'll be a handy skill. :-)

The letter was from Cillidox, a halfling (like myself!) adventurer 
of great renown and our country hero. Have I told you already that we live in the Five Shires?

Well, the letter did not describe what the earring was. I guess finding out more about it is part of my training, something for me to learn and experiment with. Or a yet another joke of Cillidox's - probably both.

At least, the document brought some really useful suggestions, and... well, I'm getting ahead of myself: first things, first... aesthetics are a must: let me decide in each ear to use the earring. I flip a copper coin and it's... the left ear!

Now let me tell you about my uncle.

5 comments:

  1. Pipe weed... halfling's leaf! That stuff will cloud your mind my friend. You are a freaking addict. Folow my lead and JUST SAY NO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kibe, your love for the halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See... more than 20 days whithout a post! The halfling's leaf clearly slowed your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-( !

    Peregriadoc's silence is abnormal.
    I think he was caught doing something ilegal and was killed... or something worst ARRESTED!

    Maybe we should inform some of his old adventure partners. Perhaps they could organize some sort of rescue mission... quest... thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I super love the LOTR and Harry Potter references...

      And you're right: 10 years of silence is too much.

      I'll get back to my journal, 'coz I have in that time adventured sooo much, dear Kwizard! :-)

      Delete