Wednesday, September 4, 2019

With a little help from my uncle


How did I come to think of being an adventurer? Uh... well... to be a storyteller, anyway, like I told you.

The question is: where did I get this wanderlust from?

This could be an easy answer: "from my uncle." But there is so much more to be told! Cillidox is my mother's older brother and takes care of me like his own son - whenever he's around, that is: he teaches Wild Magic (whatever that is) at the Krakatos School of Magecraft (or Karameikan School of Magecraft, if you like). Pretty fancy, eh?

"Krakatos", "Karameikan"? I'll tell you, no rush! Karameikos is our east neighbouring kingdom. The bosses there (and the majority of the population) are hummies, but my uncle is the sort of fella who gets along well with almost everyone.

I remember he once explained to me how the "Acid Rain" spell works, so I'm happy that he's so good at self-control.   :-)   (I invented these cool thingies I call "faceys" to remind myself of the mood of phrases. Neat, eh? And yes, I talk to myself.)

You see how much I ramble with this pen? I started by telling you about my uncle and finished the above with a horrific spell and faceys. Well, that's Peregriadoc for you, haha. I plan to wander through the realms of the Known World as much as I wander with my thoughts and quill.

Uncle Cillidox has been an adventurer for as long as I remember and has been teaching at the School for several years now. He tells me (and mom) that he sees a lot of potential in me and he would not like to see it squandered in a "simple eating-drinking-smoking-playing the flute" life, as he calls it.

That, on top of the amazing stories from both the School and his adventures, made the idea of going adventuring grow on me. Not only that, he seems so secretive at times that it's fascinating!

The wagons are supposed to leave in a couple of days, so I'm stocking, doing some preparation, writing letters to my parents and siblings, then I will be on my way along with a trade caravan that is going to Specularum, Karameikos' capital city.


Let me see: flute, food, appropriate clothing, pipe, pipe-weed, more pipe-weed, food, some more food... uh, of course! Pocket handkerchief and walking stick! Never leave home without those!

When in Specularum, I'll meet my uncle and - based on the letter he sent me - from there I'm guessing he'll take me to the School.


Maybe I'll even have adventure enough during the trip to write a song!

Super thrilled here!   :-D   <===  See? Awesome or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment