Friday, September 6, 2019

Maps, guides, and the earring


My now enhanced memory (love it!!) helped me remember that in a chest here at home Cillidox kept a bunch of maps and other adventuring material.

There I found many maps by Thorfinn Tait, legendary cartographer. My uncle once told me that he even mapped other worlds (???!!!). Man, I wanna have that much adventure and have that many stories to tell and sing about.

There was also a cool map by human hero Tim Roberts on the Grand Duchy of Karameikos. I know, I know... on a previous page of this journal I called it a kingdom, but, man, this earring is phenomenal! Things are so much clearer now! Thanks, Tim, wherever you are!

Also in the chest, I found a description by retired adventurer John Walter Biles. It was about the Riverfork Keep, some 25 miles past the border between Eastshire and Karameikos.

I also gathered as much info as possible on "werebeings and other undead" since my uncle sounded so ominous when referring to those.

I was gathering as much info about the route as possible. In fact, I wish I could carry the whole chest with me... everything so useful.

On the other hand, maybe I don't need to carry all that material around... you know, I perused all those maps and pages and have a nearly flawless recollection. And I did it ten times faster than I'd have before the earring. What is this thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment