Thursday, September 5, 2019

The letter and the earring


"Darabisoz, Vuuldiir (Vatermont) 1000AC


My dear Peregriadoc,

A blue bird told me you intend to finally explore your potential. Great!

The same bird told me you plan to go directly into adventuring - to no less than Darokin! Not so great.

Please use the earring. Yes, now. Yes, the left ear is fine! Read on after you've done so.

Do you feel it? Good. Now you have a slight chance to survive a journey from Home to Specularum.

It gets especially nasty when it comes to the werebeings and other undead. The Grand Duchy of Karameikos can be deceiving, so civilized and wild at the same time, like the two sides of the same coin.

There is another caravan departing to Specularum in 8 days. Wait for that one. Do not go to Darokin - not yet, at least.

Talk to Lina Thinbrow as soon as possible and ask to join the caravan. She will say "yes".

Get the dagger that is hung above the mantlepiece.

Do not forget to bring some rope. Every rookie makes that mistake. Guilty!

I'll meet you at the final destination for your caravan.

Love,

Uncle Cillidox.

P.S.: Do not take the earring off at any time. Ever."

Darabisoz? Where is that? And what is my uncle doing there?

Vatermont? What is that?

And this earring?? I've never felt like that before! I feel... more!

No comments:

Post a Comment