Friday, September 6, 2019

A Hin called Lina Thinbrow


The time has come for me to start moving... and to meet Lina Thinbrow. I live in Deepmoss, and the caravan would be departing from Shireton, so I planned to catch them at Thantabbar, using Deepmoss Road.

There was a smaller caravan departing from my city to do exactly that, so I went with them. I knew everyone there. Small town and all, and I'm this likable fella...

Well, we departed right after the sun showed up and arrived a little bit after sunset. A beautiful and uneventful trip with that flavour of the Shires.

During this time of the year, the oaks did not have leaves, but they did have some snow left, giving that nice effect, especially when the sun shines through them. We had magnificent views at the start and end of the trip.

That same night, we found the more massive caravan and its Inn. I then looked for Lina. She was with two other folks having what I guess it was her second dinner.

I introduced myself, asked to join the caravan, said that it'd be good for her to have one more arm (and dagger) and that would prevent me from travelling alone.

"A win-win scenario you propose, eh?", she said, with a gracious crooked smile.

It seems that my uncle Cillidox has a crystal ball (well, actually he has one...): she said "Yes." I could tell from her facial expressions, blushing, her eyes and body language that she:

1) has a deep respect for my uncle;

2) liked me.

How could I tell it so easily??? I was always good with people, but this new thing I have in my ear, this green gift of awesomeness is really something!

No comments:

Post a Comment